Today seems to be the day of Nexus S 4G as in the due course of this article we will check out on how you can install the latest Clock Work Mod recovery in your phone which can be now controlled with the help of touch unlike the earlier versions wherein one has to select the options by pressing the Volume rocker keys. To keep it simple, we will be checking out with the help of a detailed tutorial on how to install this feature in your phone. This touch based custom recovery image is really amazing one as it allows you to control the recovery with the help of a touch. This touch based CWM will soon be extended to other devices too for which we don’t have an exact ETA.
Disclaimer: Please be informed that this process involves the rooting of the device and once the device is rooted, the warranty gets void. The only way with which you can restore back the lost warranty is by re installing the stock firmware in your phone.
So, let’s get started with the detailed procedure on how to install this all new clockwork mod recovery developed by Koush. Basically there are three ways with which you can install this all new clockwork mod recovery in your phone which we will be checking out in the due course of this article.
- Android SDK should be installed in your computer,
- Battery should be left with the minimum charge of 70%,
Procedure to Install Touch based Clock Work Mod recovery in Google Nexus S 4G:
As said earlier, there are basically two methods with which you can install this touch based CWM in your phone but out of these three methods, the ROM Manager is not recommended as there are some issues which are reported. So, we will not be discussing about the ROM Manager Method of installing touch based CWM.
Fast Boot Method (Recommended):
- Download CWM Touch Based Recovery Image file from here to your computer. After this, you need to copy the same to the fast boot folder (/tools folder in the Android SDK Folder) and turn off your phone so as to enter the same in the boot loader mode.
- Power the Nexus S 4G down, and hold Volume Up & the Power button until booted into the boot loader. You should see a white screen with three skating androids. If the device boots up in the normal mode then you need to try again.
- Connect your phone to the computer in the boot loader mode with the help of USB cable.
- After this, you need to open the terminal in your computer to enter the below mentioned command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-crespo4g.img
- Now once the command is process successfully, you will see that the phone will be restarted on its own. Just in case if the phone lands in the recovery mode, you need to select “Go Back” and choose “reboot system now”.
Just in a rare case if you are unable to install the touch based clockwork mod recovery in your phone, you can follow the below mentioned tutorial but for which you need to ensure that your device is pre rooted which means that your phone should be installed with the Clock Work Mod recovery.
- First up, you need to download the CWM Touch Recovery Image file from here to your computer. As soon as you download this image file, you need to connect your phone to the computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Place the downloaded image file in your phone and then remove the connected USB Cable to turn Off your phone.
- Now, re insert the battery and enter the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Up button and then power On the device to enter into the recovery mode. Just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode then you need to try the same again so that you enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select the option of “Wipe Data / factory Reset” and then choose “Wipe Cache” and also clear the “Dalvik Cache” so that all the cache files are cleared off. Please note that just in case if the device is loaded with any of the Voodoo tools then you need to disable them as these interrupt the process.
- After this, select the option of “Install Zip from SD Card”, “Choose Zip from SD Card” and then select the file “recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-crespo4g”. It will take around 3 minutes for the Touch based CWM image file to get updated in the phone and once it gets installed successfully, you need to select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” for restarting the phone.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest touch based Clock Work Mod recovery in your phone with the help of any of the above two listed methods. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.