HTC Hero smartphone users can now make use of the Team Win Recovery (TWRP) as it will empower the users to install the custom ROM firmwares in their smartphones. Though this phone left all the action when it came to ICS or Jellybean 4.1 Android ICS update but all thanks to the developers for coming out with various custom ROM firmwares. So, on the similar lines XDA Recognized Contributor jordfaz has come up with this TWRP recovery porting workaround. The popular “touch” recovery has been on fire of late, being ported to a large number of devices and now it’s available for HTC Hero.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to make sure that the update is applied successfully. We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your phone caused due to not following of instructions.
Once you have rooted your HTC Hero and installed with this recovery, we will be coming out with various custom ROM firmwares in the coming days. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
So as to ensure that all your data is safeguarded, backup all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be more than 30% and also from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging mode.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this recovery process.
Procedure to Install TWRP Recovery in HTC Hero Smartphone:
- Download the TWRP Recovery image in your computer, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Now once the file is placed, disconnect the phone and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in htc hero can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the placed TWRP Recovery image. Once the file selection is over, the firmware will be applied within 2 minutes, you can see the progress of firmware update with the help of a progress bar.
- Once it’s done, the device will be restarted and bingo there you go, the touch based TWRP mode has been successfully installed in your device.
Note: Just in a rare case if your HTC Hero refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to address the same.