For users who have updated their ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T devices with the latest OTA of Jellybean 4.1 update can now easily install the TWRP or say the Clock Work Mod recovery so that you can easily install the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming in the next few days. Please be informed that this technique of recovery installation will only work on the Jellybean 4.1 firmware update and not on any other firmware versions. To know on which firmware you are on, head over to the path “Settings > About Tablet > Firmware Version” where it should be 4.1 or 4.1.1 update and not on any other firmware version. Please be informed that this will only be applicable for the devices which has the model name as ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, if applied to any other device then it may even get bricked.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Ensure that you are creating a backup of all the data, preferably moving all the necessary data to your computer and other things like Contacts to the Google account as there is a possibility of data getting wiped off in the middle of rooting process. You can back up all the SMS messages in your tablet with the help of an app called SMS Backup & Restore app.
Note down the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Tablet > Firmware Version” as you will be requiring to update with the same for un rooting the device or for revoking the root access. Once the device is rooted or installed with the recovery image, the warranty will get void.
Minimum charge left in your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T should not be less than 50% or else there will be a rick of device getting turned Off in the middle of recovery installation process. Also, disable all the antivirus suites installed in your computer as well as in your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T device.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned things, you can head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this recovery image installation in your device.
Procedure to Install TWRP or Clock Work Mod Recovery in ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T:
- After ensuring that your device is on the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware update, you will now need to make sure that the boot loader of the device is unlocked which can be done by following simple instructions released officially by ASUS.
- Up next, download fastboot package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same to the C:/ Drive in the folder named “Fastboot”. Ensure that your device has active USB ports which have complete read / write access. Install all the Drivers for Asus Transformer TF300T device in your computer.
- Now, download the TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery whichever you feel like to install in your device from the respective links and once down copy the corresponding file that is tf300t-jb.blob or CWM-Touch.blob file in the fastboot folder.
- Hold Volume Down button + Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode till you see the message “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Once it’s done, you now need to press Volume Down once to highlight the USB icon, then press the Volume Up button to confirm the same.
- Now, connect the device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then start the command prompt in your computer by going to the Start > Run enter “cmd” to get the command prompt window.
- Up next enter the below mentioned commands in the same sequential manner as mentioned below,
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery tf300t-jb.blob (or CWM-Touch.blob if using CWM recovery) and press Enter key to start the process of recovery mode installation.
- Now, as soon as it’s done, you will get to see the progress bar which will indicate the progress of the recovery installation. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the recovery image. Once it’s done, the device will be rebooted and as soon as you see the home screen in your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, you can disconnect the device and enjoy the same.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions. Also, restore the data backed up from your device.
- Now, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the TWRP or Clock Work Mod recovery image and have now successfully rooted the device. You can now make use of the apps which need the root access and also the custom ROM firmwares can be installed.