How to install Ubuntu in Motorola Droid 4 Android Phone – Tutorial
It was the last time when we saw on how you can root your Motorola Droid 4 Android smartphone and in this article we will be checking out on how to install the Ubuntu operating system which is a Linux based operating system right in your device. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the pre requisites you need to follow apart from the detailed instructions on how to apply this update.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Data present in your Droid 4 should be backed up completely as there is a probability that the data present in your device may get lost or corrupted in the process of installing Ubuntu.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery charge level in your device should be a minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Motorola Droid 4 phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Turn Off all the antivirus as well as Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- You will also need to Root Motorola Droid 4, install apps like BusyBox, Terminal Emulator, Android VNC Viewer, Ubuntu Installed App in your Droid 4 Android Phone. Also, you need to download Zeroktal’s Ubuntudd4.zip file from here in your computer.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, it’s now time to head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update with ubuntu.