Still craving for a stable Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware update for your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone? Then we are here for your craving as in the process of this article we will be guiding you so that you can then apply the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G model of smartphone. This update is for all those who just hate to wait as Official jellybean 4.1 update for Galaxy S2 is rumored to arrive in no less than before February 2013. So, before we proceed for the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update, you will need to go through the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below, so that the firmware update process gets done successfully.
Though this firmware is not the Official one which got released by Samsung Electronics, but is a custom ROM firmware released by recognized XDA Developer and is a very highly stable update. This firmware update is dubbed as Avatar ROM and comes with all the native apps of Jellybean firmware and also comes along with all the goodness of customization options which are there in this custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Before proceeding, ensure that you have rooted your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smartphone as it’s a custom ROM firmware. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you need to download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check the same. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you will now need to root the device with the help of below mentioned steps,
- Once rooted, next thing which you will have to ensure is the BACKUP. With the help of below mentioned steps, you need to create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only and not with the ROM Manager app as it may even brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, minimum charge left in your device should be more than 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung GALAXY S2 GT I9100G doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Avatar ROM Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download the Avatar ROM Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place this zip file in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered either with the help of “ROM Manager” app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Recovery mode in your Galaxy Device can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. You can also leave a comment in facebook or on our Google + page of AndroidAdvices.