Jellybean 4.1.2 for Canvas 2 A110 by Micromax has finally been released and in the due course of this article we will be telling you on how to apply the same. This update ropes in all the goodness and features of Jellybean 4.1.2 like Google Now along with the UI change and new features in Camera along with the new set of Widgets and Wallpapers. Also, not to forget an additional list of apps which are only for Jellybean too can be enjoyed after applying this update. So, before we proceed to the update, you need to go through the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below first;
- New Camera Settings have been added,
- Application Storage Space has been increased to 1.4GB,
- LED Flash Light is brighter than before,
- Free RAM increased to 230MB,
- Downloaded Apps can be moved to External SD Card,
- Minor UI Changes and Stability Fixes
Quick Pre Requisites:
- So, before you jump up to the joy for updating your Micromax Canvas 2 A110, we request you to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that the data in your device is safe and in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the battery life left in your Micromax Canvas HD A116 is minimum of 60% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the firmware update of Jellybean in your Canvas 2 A110 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Micromax Canvas 2 A110 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Head over to the Official Micromax Website after which it will prompt for the username and password. Enter the below mentioned username and password to Enter into the Website;
Username is mxlive
Password is M!cr0m@xlive
- The file size of the firmware is 236MB and once you have downloaded the same in your computer. In your Desktop, create a folder with the name as “MMXA110” and inside it, create one folder with the name as “update”. Now, unzip the Downloaded firmware file in the “update” folder which you have created in the earlier step.
- Head over to the MMX Link and save the file in your computer in the “Update” folder which you have created.
- Now, you will see that there will be 2 folders in the “update” folder. Go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01 folder and start Flash_tool.exe file. Click on scatter-loading and open MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc file as shown in the below screen capture.
- Turn Off your phone and then click on the download button on your pc in Flash_Tool.exe. Please note that till the time the update is being processed, don’t disconnect the device from computer and also please note that it might take longer time than expected to turn ON the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Canvas 2 device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the MMX Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.