Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone can now be updated with one of the most sort of the custom ROM firmwares which is dubbed as Jellybean ROM which ropes in the latest and stable Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. The best part of this custom ROM firmware is that it comes with the looks of Samsung Galaxy S2 and comes with the TW4 Touch Wiz User interface, Galaxy S2 Wallpapers, Galaxy S2 icons, Galaxy S2 sounds, smooth scrolling, Jellybean 4.2.2 status bar, Galaxy S3 launcher, Galaxy S3 Music player to name few. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update in your device.
Note: Please note that this firmware is ONLY applicable for Galaxy ACE S5830 model and not for Galaxy S5830i model. We will come up with the similar update for Galaxy ACE S5830i model very soon.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy ACE should be backed up ONLY with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES or ROM Manager for backing up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that you have rooted your Galaxy ACE S5830 on any firmware. To check on whether your Galaxy ACE is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps,
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Styled Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean Firmware Package for Galaxy ACE from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- Disconnect the device and install the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store.
- Open ROM Manager app and select “FLASH Clock Work mod Recovery” so that the custom recovery image is flashed. Up next select “Reboot in Recovery Mode” for entering the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the placed Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware.
- Once the firmware file is selected, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying the same. Once the update is completed, you will see the message as “install from sd card completed”. Now, select “go back” and choose the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Tip: If your Galaxy ACE doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. In coming days to come we will be coming out with more number of custom ROM firmwares so as to make sure that your device gets the latest and stable firmware update.