Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone can now too be updated with the Latest Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware update. After the likes of Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus devices got the Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware, it’s time for Galaxy S GT I9000 too. This all new firmware of Jellybean 4.2.2 comes with many new features ranging from an all new camera settings, all new fresh native UI of Jellybean 4.2.2 and also comes with many bug fixes related to battery and force close issues. So, before we proceed on how to apply this update, you need to follow the list of instructions which we have mentioned below;
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES or ROM Manager for backing up the data as with this you may not be able to restore the backed up data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that the device is Rooted with the help of a root checker app. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you can root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the 2 downloaded zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device and from the ROM Manager app, enter the device in the Recovery Mode. Alternatively, the device can be entered in the Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery Mode, clear the cache and wipe the data by selecting the appropriate options and then select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package d then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device to apply the update.
- Once the device is updated successfully, the device will display the message as “install from sd card completed”. Now, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It will take more than 5 – 6 minutes for rebooting the device as it’s the first time the device will be rebooted.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the Samsung logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Do let us know just in case if you come across with any issues as we will make sure that the issues are addressed at the earliest.