Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can upgrade the firmware with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version. Though unfortunately, we have still not heard about the official launch of Jellybean 4.1 firmware arrival, you can make use of this XXLSJ based Jellybean 4.1.2 Rain box Rom V8.2 firmware. So, before you proceed, let’s check out on what are the detailed instructions to apply this firmware update. There are many firmwares which are available across several forums but this firmware is one of the stable firmwares.
Before you proceed, make sure that your device is rooted and to check the same, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to root the same.
Once rooted, next thing which you will have to ensure is the BACKUP. With the help of below mentioned steps, you need to create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only and not with the ROM Manager app as it may even brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, minimum charge left in your device should be more than 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung GALAXY S2 GT I9100 doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
So, assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you need to proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GTI9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place the zip file in the internal memory of your S2.
- Disconnect the device so that your phone can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered either by ROM Manager or with the help of below mentioned manual method which we have mentioned below.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update and as soon as it’s updated successfully, you will need to then make sure to follow all the on screen instructions. Once you see the message as “install from sd card completed”, select “go back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Once updated, you can now restore all the data which you have created a backup of all the data. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.