LG Optimus 2X gets Android 4.0 ICS Update in South Korea
After all those speculations surrounding the LG Optimus 2X whether this will be updated to the Ice Cream Sandwich or not, finally it arrives the company’s home land. So this means that the all countries Optimus 2X phones customers will be able to update their phone to ICS officially although unofficially there are so many third party custom firmware’s available. This update is been rolled out in South Korea only and if you are from Korea then make sure you get this update so as it breathes a new life.
Among the improvements & enhancements that Ice Cream Sandwich brings to the device is just the normal updates as that we see among other devices. There isn’t any particular change log provided by LG Electronics regarding this update.
How to Apply this update
Unlike all the updates which are either based on the Over the Air update or through the PC companion tool, this one is with the direct download of firmware package and tool used for the update is the KDZ Updater.
Follow the instructions below to apply the updates to your device.
- First download the KDZ Updater and the LG Official Firmware ICS Package to your PC.
- To apply this update, you should ensure that you have installed the LG PC Suite IV on to your PC.
- Now Enable the ‘USB Mass Storage Only’ mode in the phone’s Settings/ SDcard & Phone Storage menu.
- Now using the USB cable connect your phone to the PC.
- Now open the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe file from the extracted folders.
- Chose TYPE as 3GQCT & the Phone Mode should be chosen as DIAG.
- Now browse the firmware KDZ file and once that is done you need to tap on “Launch Software Update” button.
- Your device flashing will be on the way and it will be done within 10 minutes.
Once the updates are applied your phone would be automatically restarted.