Procedure to Update LG Optimus 2x P990 with ICS Android 4.0.3 CM9 Firmware:
- Since this only works on the rooted phones, you need to first up root your LG Optimus 2x smartphone by following the corresponding instructions and then only you need to follow the below mentioned instructions.
- Download CM9 Android 4.0.3 Package from here to your computer and connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded Zip package into your phone’s SD Card.
- After this you need to disconnect the phone connected from the computer and enable the USB Debugging. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” as shown in the below screen capture. After enabling the USB Debugging, turn off the phone so as to enter it in the recovery mode.
- Enter the device in the Recovery Mode which you can do by holding the Volume Down rocker key + Press the Power On button to power the device in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS CM9 Zip file which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 10 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
- It’s very simple to check whether you are on one of these firmwares or not, to check visit the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where it will show the below screen capture. Just in case if it shown any other firmware version then this article is not for you.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the firmware of Cyanogen mod 9 firmware which ropes in the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Pages: 1 2