It’s January, 01, 2012 and we are here with the beta version of Android 4.0 ICS for your LG Optimus GT 540 smartphone. This all new beta version is not the official version of firmware but it’s next to the stable version. So, keeping things simple, we have tried our level best to keep this article as simple as possible. Please note that, after applying this firmware if you wish to revert back to your original / present firmware then you need to note down your current firmware version. Unfortunately, due to hardware limitations, LGE will not be coming up with an Official ICS Android 4.0 firmware for Optimus GT 540 smartphone.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or held liable for any damage happened to your device caused in the process of applying this ICS Custom ROM in your Phone. Though we will try our level best to assist you to recover the device.
There are some things which work while there are some features which are still in the making. The complete list is listed below.
Change log for ICS Beta 3 Firmware:
- Market download issue gone
- Browser bug fixed
- Haptic feedback present and working
- ICS Music app is there
- All the animations are working right so Adreno is fixed and game performance is better, like Angry Birds(test more)
- GPS fix is inside, no need to download
- Updated CM sources(no CM Settings for now but you can access CM Apps Settings from Device Settings tab in preferences
- Fixed the Gallery bug with picture cropping(all is displayed right)
- Gapps are inside
- Gmail now works 100% right
- Time zone bug is fixed
- Wifi is working better due to new supplicant shit
- Camera doesn’t Work
- Kernel Changes:
- -New power and batt drivers from .29(using LG charging table, so now percentage is correct)
-Charges to 100%
-Console Switch on Early Suspend(working on ICS deep sleep alternative)
-CPU freq drivers from 3.0 Galaxy Nexus Kernel
Quick pre Requisites:
- In the process of applying this firmware, there is a possibility that the data may get lost or corrupted. So, it’s recommended that you create a backup of all the data present in your phone by following the below mentioned tips. Please note that you should not backup the data using the PC Suite as it may / may not get detected in the PC Suite after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Notes – Manually save the notes in your mail as these will be lost in the process of firmware update
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Assuming that you have created a backup of all the data, it’s now time to ensure that the minimum charge left in the device is 60% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update process.
- Up next, disable all the antivirus tools in any present in your phone as it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, assuming that you have followed all the instructions carefully which are mentioned above, it’s now time to head to the next page where we have summed up the instructions to apply this firmware update in your phone.
Pages: 1 2