Excited about Nokia X Android smartphone? Now, before Samsung, LG or say SONY smartphone, Karbonn A9+ Android smartphone or for say Karbonn A21 users can now port the Nokia X android firmware. This means that your Karbonn A9+ or or say Karbonn A21 Android phone’s interface will be looking the same as that of the Nokia X. For doing this, you will have to make sure that you have rooted the device and also you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below before we slip into the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Karbonn A9+ / A21 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% of battery life.
You need to make sure that your device is rooted which can be checked with the help of Root Checker app. You can very well download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Karbonn A9+ / A21 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Karbonn A9+ / A21 with Nokia X Firmware:
- Download the Nokia X ROM from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the downloaded zip file in your Karbonn A9+ / A21 smartphone.
- Reboot the device in the recovery mode or the TWRP mode with the help of ROM Manager or manually.
- Up next, you need to select the option of Wipe Data and Wipe System Cache from the recovery mode.
- Select Mount System and Data to install the firmware zip file placed in the device and then reboot the device for firmware installation.
Note: If at all your Karbonn A9+ / A21 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the Nokia X Android firmware in your Karbonn A9+ / A21 smartphone Android smartphone.