Manual Update ASUS Memo Pad Smart 10 with Official Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware
ASUS Memo Pad Smart 10 tablet users can now rejoice as Jellybean 4.2.1 version of firmware can now be updated manually. The build number of this update is V10.6.1.15 is about 500MB and comes with some cool changes which includes an all new User interface compared to the Jellybean’s 4.1 which is currently installed in most of the devices. Asus had earlier promised that it will be coming out with this update in Q2’13 and it delivered in the said timeframe. So, let’s check out on what are the changes or enhancements of this update below;
- Multi User Support,
- New 4.0.25 PLAY Store,
- Bug Fixes,
- Camera now works smoothly with new smoother controls,
- Over-heating issues has been addressed
Note: Applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner as this is the official firmware update released by ASUS.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your ASUS Memo Pad Smart 10 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use PC Suite or for say ROM Manager to back up the data / ROM as it may not allow you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your ASUS Memo Pad Smart 10 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life left in your device should be >50% so as to avoid turning off of the device in the middle of firmware update. Close the PC Companion tool in your computer as it generally runs in the background.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, it’s time to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update ASUS Memo Pad Smart 10 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
- Head Over to the Offiical ASUS Page from the mentioned link and follow all the instructions mentioned to update your device with the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 version.
- To check the firmware version in your device, you will have to navigate to the path “Settings > About Tablet > Firmware Version” where the current firmware version will be shown as Jellybean 4.2.1 Parandroid firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues in the process of firmware update / after the firmware update application as we will try to respond your queries at the earliest.