HTC Fans will now be rejoiced as an all new update for all the users of AT&T HTC One X which ropes in the official and latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware. And the best part is just in case if you are still waiting to get this update then you can manually too apply this update without any warranty void. So, before we proceed to guide you on how you can make use of this update, you need to follow the quick 3 steps mentioned below which will make sure that all your data is safe and also the firmware update process is safely completed.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Manually backup all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you don’t use any sorts of PC Suites like HTC Sync to back up the data as it won’t help you restore the data smoothly.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Make sure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the procedure which will help you update your phone with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1 firmware.
Procedure to Update AT&T HTC One X with Jellybean 4.1 firmware:
- Download the Official Jellybean 4.1 Firmware update from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to place the same in your device’s root or in the phone’s storage and not in any of the sub folders.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer if you have connected the phone and then turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. To enter HTC One X in the recovery mode, press the Volume Down button and while doing this, press and hold the power button for a period of 10 seconds till you see the fastboot screen.
- In Fastboot mode, use the Volume Keys to navigate to the Recovery option and then press the power button. After this, you will see the HTC Logo on the screen and the screen will go blank with an exclamation mark and a triangle.
- Now, press and hold both the Volume Up and down key and then while holding them, press and release the power button. After releasing the Volume rocker key, you will get a Blue Menu along with a set of options which will indicate that the device has been successfully landed in the Recovery Mode.
- Now, select “Apply update from internal storage” from the option and press the Power button. You will need to select the update file which you have placed in the Phone storage and press the Power button to confirm the same. It will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update and once it’s done, you need to select the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be Jellybean 4.1 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will make sure that its addressed as soon as possible.