Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone users can shout out big as you can now upgrade your device with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. This update has been long pending from Motorola but full credits to the recognized XDA developer OP who has discovered this update. So, before we get to proceed on how you can actually apply this update, you will have to follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to ensure that the update process gets done successfully and smoothly.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t create a backup of all your data with the help of ROM Manager as it may brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process.
- Download “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store and then ensure that the su binary is updated in the super user app which too can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Let’s get started with the detailed guide which will help you update your Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Procedure to Update Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
First up, download all the below mentioned files in your computer;
- Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update Package (After downloading, place the same in the external sd card),
- Download WinRAR (Download, extract and install the same in your computer. If its already installed, then you can ignore this step),
- Download Mattlgroff’s RAZR Utility v1.82 tool in your computer and install the same with the help of on screen instructions,
- Download and install Voodoo OTA Root keeper from the Play Store in your Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone
- Now, open the Razr Utility which you have installed and right click on the same to select the option “Extract Files…” and then click on “ Ok”.
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB Cable in FASTBOOT MODE. After this, from the extracted folder of the utility tool which you have extracted, open DroidRazrUtility.bat file.
- Now, select Option 1 to fastboot back to the complete stock .211 firmware version. After fast booting back, re open the DroidRazrUtility.bat file and ensuring that your phone is connected to the computer in ON condition you will have to change the USB Connection to MTP Mode from “Settings > Developer Options and turn ON the USB Debugging”.
- Open DroidRazrUtility.bat file and select Option 2 this time which is .211 build. Open the app drawer in your phone to navigate the Voodoo OTA Root Keeper app and open the same.
- Allow the Superuser access if prompted and select “Protect Root” option and reboot the device.
- Now, go back to the OTA Root keeper and select “temp unroot”. Turn Off your phone power ON the device to press & hold the power button + Volume down button at the same time for 9 seconds till the screen flickers. Once the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all the 3 buttons (Power + Volume Up + Volume Down).
- You will see that the device will be booted in the boot loader mode, now press the Vol. – button to highlight the “Recovery” and Press Vol. + to select the same.
- In your device’s screen an Android logo will be appearing and then press both the Volume buttons at the same time to enter the device in the recovery mode. In stock recovery, select “install zip from sd card” to select the placed Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware zip package.
- Once you have selected the zip file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the same. Once you see the message of “install from sd card completed”, select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting your Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone in the normal mode.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can find the current firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
In a rare case if you come across with any issues then do let us know in the comments section below so that we can reply the same at the earliest.