Procedure to update Galaxy ACE 2 with XXMC8 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download XXMC8 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the downloaded mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, connect your device to the computer while keeping the Odin is opened.
- After a minute, the ID : COM section in odin will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully. Click on “PDA” to select the .tar file which you got upon extraction of firmware zip file of XXMC8. Once the file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that sometimes it may take more time than expected for rebooting the device. Once the firmware is rebooted, the device will install all the apps and once you see the home screen, disconnect the device from computer.
- To check the firmware update version details in your device, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where the firmware version details will be mentioned.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.
Pages: 1 2