No Step Sister treatment for Galaxy ACE when it comes to customization options. In fact users of Galaxy ACE will be rejoiced to know that the firmware which we will be talking about will allow you to choose between Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 or the Stock Jellybean 4.2 Android theme. Isn’t it amazing? So, for updating with this Amazing custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy ACE smartphone, all you need to make sure that you have followed all the list of quick pre requisites followed by the procedure which will help you update the device. Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be releasing the firmware update of Jellybean 4.3 officially or for say even the Jellybean 4.1 Android OS but all thanks to the custom ROM firmwares.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy ACE S5830 device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device till this firmware is rolled out in your country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update
- For applying this firmware, you will need to make sure that the device is rooted, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Jellybean 4.2 Firmware:
- Download the Firmware Package (S3/S4 Themed or Jellybean 4.2 Stock Themed) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy ACE to the computer with original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device to either download the ROM Manager app for entering the device in the recovery mode or you can enter the device in the recovery mode manually. Press Volume up + Menu Button and holding these two buttons, you will need to press the Power button for booting the device in the recovery mode.
- Once the device enters in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then the firmware file which you have placed in your phone. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
- Once you see the message as “install from zip card completed”, select the option of “Go Back” and choose to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.