Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone can now be updated with the Nexus Styled firmware. The best part is that it ropes in many new features from Jellybean 4.2 which otherwise is not possible officially. Also, animations along with Status bar options are exactly the same as that of in Jellybean. So, let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below after which we will check out the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the official firmware released.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not creating the backup with the help of KIES as it won’t help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. Make sure that the battery life is more than 50%.
- For applying this firmware, you will need to make sure that the device is rooted, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
- After rooting install the “ROM Manager” app from the PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your device by selecting the option of install recovery image.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Jellybean Nexus Looking Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean Nexus Looking Firmware Zip from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- Up next, download “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store and install the custom Recovery image.
- Open the ROM MANAGER app in your Samsung Galaxy ACE to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device refuses to enter into the recovery mode, then you need to install the custom Recovery image.
- Once your device is entered in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then the firmware file which you have placed in your phone followed by the Google Apps Package. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the update is applied successfully, you will get to see the message as “install from zip card complete”. Now, select “go back” and “reboot system now” for booting the device in the normal mode. It might take more than 2 -3 minutes for booting the device as it’s the first boot after the firmware update.
- To check the current firmware update, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.