Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone can now be updated with the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which has been officially released by Samsung. This firmware is dubbed as DXAMD1 which comes with many bug fixes and new features which also includes the Multi Window capability. So, before we proceed to check on how you can apply this update, you need to make sure that you have followed all the quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below.
- All the data in your Galaxy S Advance I9070 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed procedure to apply this update in your phone.
Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download DXAMD1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware of Galaxy S Advance I9070 Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to extract both the files in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer. Download Mode in Galaxy S Advance I9070 Package can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got from the firmware package to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware update process is completed which will be mentioned in the ODIN, the Galaxy S Advance I9070 device will be rebooted.
- As soon as you see the Language preferences or the Home Screen, you need to disconnect the device from computer and enjoy using your phone.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your phone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your Galaxy S Advance I9070. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.