Manual Update Galaxy S DUOS S7562 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS – Guide
Galaxy S Duos S7562 too can now be updated with the Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. While there seems to be no noise about KitKat 4.4 for Galaxy S Duos officially, all thanks to the custom ROM makers who really are working hard to come up with the newer versions of Android OS for the device. So in the due course of this article, let’s check out on what are the steps with which you can apply the update, but before that you will have to go through the list of quick pre requisites which we have summed up below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S DUOS so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S DUOS due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you have to make sure that the device is rooted or not. To check the rooting status, download the Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store and check the same. Before proceeding, you need to make sure that the device is rooted.
So let’s get started with the detailed guide which will enable you to update the device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 for Galaxy S Duos.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S DUOS S7562 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract connect your phone to the computer and place these two zip files in the device.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Recovery Mode. If your Galaxy S DUOS enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone so as to make sure that just in case if there are cache files, the same can be removed. In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may take more time.
- As soon as the device gets rebooted, you can then head over to the Settings > More to check out the current version details in About Phone section where it will be mentioned as XXUGML3 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S DUOS S7562 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS in your Galaxy S DUOS S7562 which comes with advanced Jellybean features. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.