Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest OTA which Samsung has released in late September. In all, Samsung released 2 updates for the device and the 2nd OTA is dubbed as XXUBMI1. So, let’s check out in detail on how to update your Galaxy GRAND with s XXUBMI1 Firmware Update which ropes in the Jellybean 4.2.2 update. This update fixes the RAM consumption bug which was a known issue in the first update which was released earlier in September 2013. After following the list of quick pre requisites, proceed to the detailed list of instructions mentioned below.
Note: Applying this manual update won’t root the device / void the warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. You may also alternatively make use of KIES for backing the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will need to enable the same.
- Make sure that your Galaxy GRAND is left with the minim of 50%+ battery life or it may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GRAND with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Update:
- Download XXUBMI1 Firmware Zip and Odin in your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy GRAND so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy GRAND can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable to see that the ID: COM section turns Blue which indicates that the device is connected successfully and all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you will get after extraction of firmware zip file and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Once firmware is updated successfully, device will reboot after which you can disconnect the device from computer. It will take around 10-12 minutes for applying the update. Once updated, you can disconnect the device from computer.
- Check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.2
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section. We are here to serve you at the earliest.