The September version of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware for Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android smartphone is here and for all those who are just waiting for the stable update, the wait is finally over. While in all earlier builds the RAM usage had gone for a toss, this all new release completely addresses the same. Along with the RAM usage, few other bug fixes too have been done in this build. This new firmware is dubbed as XXUBMHF which Samsung has released as OTA update in select countries.
So, before we proceed on to check the detailed instructions which will help you update, go through the list of pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: Applying the update won’t root the phone / void the warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure that minimum charge left in your phone is 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy GRAND.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions to update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GRAND with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy GRAND so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy GRAND can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once device is entered in Download Mode, connect your device to computer with original USB Cable to make sure that ID: COM section is turned Yellow. If the ID: COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, install the drivers and repeat the above procedure.
- Click on “PDA” tab in Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package and click on “Start” in Odin for starting the process of firmware update.
- The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will reboot on its own. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device to check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About phone” where the current firmware will be shown as Jellybean 4.2.2.
Note: Just in case if your Galaxy GRAND gets into the Boot loop mode or for say becomes unresponsive, re insert the battery and repeat the process.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.