Manual Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Custom ROM Firmware – Guide
Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users can now rejoice as one can now apply one of the most demanded and stable firmwares which is dubbed as Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Rev.01 JW8. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with a host of features of which we have summed up a list below and also we will be checking out on how you can apply this after following a quick pre requisite guide. Please note that Samsung has made it clear that after Value Pack 2.3.6 firmware update, there won’t be any further upgrades of ICS or Jellybean for SAMSUNG Galaxy S GT I9000 and other similar class devices. You can reverse back to your original firmware. This firmware should only be applied on Galaxy S GT I9000 model and not on any other device as it may even brick the device. You can check the device model from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Minimum charge left in your phone should be 40% or else the phone might get turned Off in the middle. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone. Also, disable all the antivirus tools present in your device as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM MANAGER as it may even brick the device for which we should not be held responsible for any damage.
Not with the KIES but you will have to back up all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps. Once you have created a backup, move all the target backup files to your computer so as to safeguard the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
For applying this update, you will have to root the device. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. Please note that just in case if you haven’t rooted your device, then with the help of below links you can easily update and root the device.
Features of Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Rev.01 JW8 Firmware:
- Based on Samsung’s firmware JW8
- Full Wipe
- JW1 modem
- CF Root kernel 4.4
- Rooted + Busybox + + Zipaligned Darky’s Zipaligner scripts
- DarkCyan Theme
- Persian Support
- Amestris Tweaks
- ICS Fugu Mod
- Amestris Persian Keyboard V2.0
- Signature controller hack
- Removed Increasing Ringing Mod
- Added sound to DTMF dialpad
- Talk with Video Support
- SGSIII Icon Pack
- SQLite 3.0
- 1% Percentage Battery Mod
- Added Nemus Launcher V 1.6.4 With DarkCyan Theme
- New Call Screen with bugfixes
- New status bar look with Lidroid Base
- MMS Hack
- Themed music player based on Samy’s Music Player.
- MMS and dialer scroll cache
- Camera Hack
- Added option to Settings Menu
- Added 3 Options to Power Menu
- Removed Samsung Bloatware
Now, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Rev.01 JW8 Firmware:
- Download the Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Rev.01 JW8 Firmware Package (Alternate Link) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable and place the same in your device.
- Once placing the file, disconnect the phone and turn off the phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition which will clear out all the cache data present in your device, if you skip this step then you may face issues like force close issues in your Galaxy S.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Amestris Dark Cyan V12 Rev.01 JW8 Firmware Package to select “Yes” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Menu button. Once the file is selected, it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for applying the same. Once the update is applied, select “go back” and then “reboot system now”. You can see the progress bar which will indicate the firmware upgrade progress.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Please be informed that it will take more than expected time for rebooting the device. Once you see the home screen, you can head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where in you can see all the details about the new firmware.
Congratulations, do let us know if you came across any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same. We will come up with more such firmwares for your device only on AndroidAdvices.com.