Though Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is the legacy android smartphone, it can still accommodate the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. Custom ROM firmware makers are trying their level best to come up with the firmwares which are stable and bug free. One of the custom ROMs is Paranoid Android which ropes in the goodness of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware which comes with tons of fresh new features. So after checking out the list of quick pre requisites below, we will be checking out on what are the detailed instructions with which you can apply this firmware update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Not with the KIES but you will have to back up all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps. Once you have created a backup, move all the target backup files to your computer so as to safeguard the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S I9000 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the same in your device.
- For applying this update, you will have to root the device. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. Please note that just in case if you haven’t rooted your device, then with the help of below links you can easily update and root the device.
- Turn off your Galaxy S and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition which will clear out all the cache data present in your device, if you skip this step then you may face issues like force close issues in your Galaxy S.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the custom ROM firmware package to select “Yes” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Menu button. Once the file is selected, it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for applying the same.
Note: Just in case if your Samsung Galaxy S gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the latest version of firmware update in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon be coming out with the process which will help you to make the most of your android device.