Procedureto Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware:
- Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device, preferably in the external sd card.
- Disconnect the device from computer so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery Mode, clear the cache and wipe the data by selecting the appropriate options and then select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device to apply the update.
- Once both the packages are selected, you will need to select the option of “go back” and select the “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Please note that it might take more than 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
To check on whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware update will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.