For all those who have recently purchased the latest Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 smartphone can now update their device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 version which is having the version number as XXUAMEA. The best part of this update is that it fixes most of the bugs pertaining to the Camera and also fixes some of the issues related to overheating. For all those who haven’t got this update automatically, this update can be applied manually. Let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow to proceed on to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed instructions to update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES for creating the backup as it won’t help you restore the data sometimes.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed procedure on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 with XXUAMEA Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download XXUAMEA Firmware version of Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open the Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got from the firmware package which is the TAR File.
- Once the device is updated successfully, you now need to wait for the device to get rebooted. As soon as the device is updated successfully, you need to disconnect the device and enjoy the same.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.