Procedure to Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUAMH1 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open odin in your computer.
- Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
- Once the device is successfully updated, you will see the Language preference option in the device and then disconnect the device to check the firmware update version from the About Phone section.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
We will very soon come up with the rooting procedure for Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 which will also help you install the custom ROM firmware. So there you go, you have now successfully updated the device with the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.