While Samsung is already working towards rolling out the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2 Android Phones, you can apply the latest release of Jellybean 4.3 which got leaked directly from Samsung. This is not a custom ROM firmware and is an official firmware from Samsung. This update can only be updated to Galaxy Note 2 devices which has the model number as N7100. So, lets’ check out the detailed procedure on how you can update with this XXUEMJ5 Firmware after checking out the quick pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: Applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner. Also, additionally applying with this update won’t root the device in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following instructions.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware along with Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files in your computer and open odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Download Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your phone to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Yellow / Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully. Just in case if the ID: COM section doesn’t change the color, you need to manually install the drivers.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
- As soon as you see Home Screen in your device, disconnect the device from your computer and enjoy using the device on the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware.
- Do check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.