Manual Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Official XXUEMK4 Jellybean 4.3 Firmware – Guide
XXUEMK4 Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware is the latest version for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which comes with the host of benefits and also is the official version of firmware released by Samsung. It was just few days back on we saw on how you can update with the KitKat 4.4 Custom ROM firmware. Very soon Kit Kat 4.4 Android firmware will be coming for Galaxy Note 2 officially, but till then Jellybean 4.3 seems to be the good option till then. So after checking out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow, lets proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide for updating with this firmware. This firmware is officially released in India for Galaxy Note 2 users but can be applied to global International versions of Galaxy Note 2.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device. Also, make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 40% battery life to make sure that just in case if the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update process.
- Just in case if the device is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to back up the data with the help of below steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Note 2 due to not following instructions.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed to the next step where we have detailed the list of instructions which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.3 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open odin in your computer.
- Now, turn Off your Phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Download Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your phone to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Yellow / Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
- Once you see the home screen in your phone, all you need to do is to just disconnect the device and check whether the firmware is updated successfully or not.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
- You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > About Device > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest. We will very soon come up with the custom ROM firmwares for Galaxy Note 2 so that you can make the most of it.