Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest and official version of Kitkat 4.4.2 android OS which is dubbed as XXUEND6. This new firmware offering from Samsung is gradually being pushed to the devices OTA. For all those users who wanted to update the device manually before Samsung takes quite a time to push, can manually apply this update. Experience with this all new version of Kitkat 4.4.2 is phenomenon as it consumes lesser RAM and other resources to keep the device up and running for longer time than before.
So after checking out the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, let’s slip over to the detailed list of instructions which will help you update the device.
Note: Since this is the official firmware released by Samsung, you need not worry about the warranty void and also applying this firmware won’t root the device. This update should only be applied the devices which are factory unlocked.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 3 needs to be backed up manually with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if you can restore the data easily. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Battery charge left in your device needs to be a minimum of 60% or else device might get turn off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Note 3 which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
So let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware of your Galaxy Note 3.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to our computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files in your computer and then turn Off your Galaxy Note 3 so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- After turning off the device, you need to press Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter Galaxy Note 3 in the Download Mode. If device enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Open Odin tool which was extracted in the initial step to connect the device with the computer using original USB cable. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue/ Green/ Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. Please note that it will take around 2 -3 minutes for applying the update.
- Click on “AP” / “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware tar file to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Make sure to check options “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time.” Check “Re-Partition” option in Odin only if you selected the .pit file.
- Once clicked on “Start”, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for updating the device. Once the firmware is updated, device will be rebooted. Please note that it may take a while for device to reboot as it’s the firmware time device will be booted since the firmware update.
- Check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” to check the firmware version which should read as XXUEND6 Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 3 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.