How to Manual Update Galaxy Note 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 XXUDNA6 Android Firmware – Guide
Samsung Note 3 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware officially and please note that this update is for the devices which are dubbed with the SM-900 model which comes with the EXYNOS 5 Octa Core processor which has just been updated with XXUDNA6 version of firmware. So let’s check out on what are the steps with which you can apply the update manually. This will make sure that even the devices which are currently on the older versions of firmware or on the custom ROMs can apply this update manually.
After checking out the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, we will proceed on to check out on what are the detailed list of instructions with which you can apply this update.
Note: Please be informed that applying this update won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner. This should be applied only to the International version.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 3 device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device till this firmware is rolled out in your country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- For applying this custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your Note 3 is rooted. To check whether your Galaxy Note 3 Android phone is rooted or not, you will have to check the same from Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, lets proceed on to check on what are the quick instructions with which you can manually update with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy Note 3 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 3 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android smartphone.
We will very soon be coming up with custom ROM firmwares which are based on the KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware for your Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Quick Specs
Starts from Rs. 31329
|OS||Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat)||Processor||Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7|
|Touchscreen||Capacitive touchscreen||Display Resolution||1080 x 1920 pixels|
|Display||5.7" Super AMOLED||Primary Camera||13 MP|
|Dimensions||151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm||Weight||168 g|
|Amazon(US)||In stock||$529||Shop Now →|
|Amazon(UK)||In stock||£362.2||Shop Now →|
|Amazon(EU)||In stock||EUR 529||Shop Now →|