Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 users can now make the most of their device as finally Samsung has started releasing the much needed KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS without further delays. This new Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS comes with tons of new features along with the much needed stability and other fixes which are otherwise were not there in Jellybean updates. So after checking out the detailed guide on how to update this firmware, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below. This update is dubbed as XXUDNC4. This firmware has been released in Russia only and will be gradually pushed to other regions as well.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner as this is the official firmware released by Samsung.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Though, all your data might just be safe. It’s always recommended for you to back up the data so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 50% of battery life or else the device may get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Note 3 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device firmware with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 with XXUDNC4 Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 XXUDNC4 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy Note 3 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “AP” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 3 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.