While the World is awaiting the roll out of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android smartphone, for all those who is having the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Android smartphone can also rejoice as the highest battery saving firmware is here and let’s check out on how you can update with the same. So, before we proceed on to the detailed list of instructions with which you can update the device, you will need to follow the quick pre requisites.
This firmware update is having Jellybean 4.1.2 with XXLTA version. The best part of this update is that it comes with the bug fixes related to Camera and Overheating.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are backing up the data with the help of below mentioned manual steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable the same. Also, most importantly you will have to make sure that the minimum battery left in your Galaxy Note N7000 is not less than 50% or else the device might just get turn Off.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Note N7000 due to not following instructions.
So let’s proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package of XXLTA and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and Open Odin in your computer.
- The Galaxy Note can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device is entered in the Download mode, connect the phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- As soon as you connect, the required drivers will be installed and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you will get after extracting the firmware file. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes.
- From the path “Settings > More > About Device”, you will need to check on whether the firmware is updated successfully or not. Very soon we will also come out with a guide which will help you root the device on XXLTA Firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to address the same.