XXLT6 version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Android OS is finally out and for all those who want to update the same, we will guide you on how to apply this update in your device. This update is the official release from Samsung and fixes the bugs related to Camera Force Close issues. So, before we guide you to apply this update manually, we will tell you on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow. Unfortunately, there are no updates on by when there will be official Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware will be rolled out.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update manually.
Procedure to Update Galaxy NOTE N7000 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy Note n7000 and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and turn Off your computer so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download Mode in Galaxy note N7000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer with Original USB cable and keep Odin opened in your computer. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn yellow indicating that the device drivers have been installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the firmware file and click on “Start”. Once the firmware is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted, you can then disconnect the device from computer. Please note that it might take 2- 4 minutes for applying the update. It may take longer time in some cases.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the Samsung logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.