Guide to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable so that you can place these two files in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered either with the help of “ROM Manager” app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Recovery mode can also be entered manually in your Galaxy I9100G by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. If the device boots up in the normal mode, you will need to retry the process.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware package which you have placed in your phone. The process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may even take longer time than expected.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smartphone.