Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android smartphone can now be updated version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware. This all new version is dubbed as XXUGNA8. Just in case if you are waiting for the Kitkat 4.4.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300, then you might have to wait little longer for the same. This update brings in the much needed stability and also the battery life is quite improved if we go as per the leads. This update is pushed by OTA for selected counties. Earlier there was one more version of Jellybean 4.3 which got released which was XXUGNA7 but had some bugs related to the users who had Cyanogen Mod 9 as it crashed the Google Apps. Please note that this is the official firmware update released by Samsung and not the custom ROM firmware.
Note: This update won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S3 I9300 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android smartphone with XXUGNA8 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 XXUGNA8 Android Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue/ Green/ Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. Please note that it will take around 2 -3 minutes for applying the update as
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once clicked on “Start”, the process of updating the firmware will start. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- As soon as the device gets rebooted, you can then head over to the Settings > More to check out the current version details in About Phone section where it will be mentioned as XXUGNA8 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
- If Google Apps gets crashed after installing, you need to turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Recovery Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.
You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Android smartphone. We will very soon be coming with the rooting process which will allow you to install many custom ROM firmwares based on Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware.