Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users will now feel privileged as an all new firmware has been rolled out for the device which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. Let’s check out on how you can apply the same in your device. Before proceeding make sure that you have followed all the instructions which are mentioned below. The last update of Galaxy S3 was bit buggy as some of the users reported about the Wi Fi issue but the same has been fixed in this release of firmware. This version of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware is dubbed as XXUFME7.
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lock screen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data back.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy S3.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.