Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 officially. Fortunately or unfortunately, Samsung is showing good amount of love in terms of updates for the device but the only concern still remains is it hasn’t still pushed Jellybean 4.3 in some of the countries yet and also there is no ETA which is provided by the company. But if you really want to update the device, then you can very well apply this update manually by the instructions which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. This all new update is dubbed as XXUGMK7. Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S3 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with KIES tool as
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed onto the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.3 XXUGMK7 Android Firmware:
- Download XXUGMK7 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the firmware zip package and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it will now have to be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Just in case if the device enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect the device and enjoy the device. You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware. We will very soon be coming out with an article which will help you root your Galaxy S3 on XXUGMK7 firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Galaxy S3 International version will soon be getting the latest Jellybean 4,3 update.