Samsung Galaxy S3 users might just be daydreaming when it comes to the KitKat 4.4 official release, but here comes the official firmware of Jellybean 4.3 which fixes most of the bugs and also has been rolled out in most parts of the globe to the international version of Galaxy S3. This new Jellybean 4.3 firmware is dubbed as XXUGNA7. So let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update with the help of simple instructions. So for all those who are on the beta versions or for say on the custom ROMs can now easily apply this update. Before proceeding lets check out on what are the quick list of specs and features after which we will be checking out the detailed guide which will help you update.
- Galaxy S4 like lock screen
- Multi-pages feature on lock screen
- Support widget on lock screen
- Tabbed UI in Settings
- Daydream feature
- Voice control feature for apps like phone
- Camera, music player and so on
- Hands-free Mode
- New Notification Panel with 2 pages
- ANT+ support
- TRIM support
- Camera Improvements
- Move apps to SD feature
- New Samsung keyboard
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S3 I9300 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUGNA7 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue/ Green/ Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once clicked on “Start”, the process of updating the firmware will start. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- As soon as the device gets rebooted, you can then head over to the Settings > More to check out the current version details in About Phone section where it will be mentioned as XXUGML3 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Android smartphone.