Manual Update Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware – Guide
Folks using the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone can now update their phones with one of the best custom ROM firmwares. For quite a while after checking out on how you can give your Galaxy S3 a completely redesigned Xperia Z Stock / Default look, this firmware which we will be checking out with the new circular launcher which has been doing the rounds. This firmware comes with host of other enhancements which arrive with this custom ROM Jellybean 4.2.2. Unfortunately, as of now there is no clarity / confirmation on the availability of Jellybean 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
Myth: Many of the users have myth that Rooting the device and installing custom ROM firmwares will void the warranty on your GALAXY S3 permanently. The fact is, the warranty does get void, but the moment you apply with any of the Stock / Default firmware version, the warranty is restored. The reason is, in Samsung phones you no need to get the Boot loader Key from the Manufacturer which is the case with HTC, SONY etc.
Essential Firmware Upgrade Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will need to make sure that you are creating the backup with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup with the help of KIES tool as it might not help you restore once you are on the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update.
(Optional, but Recommended)
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select the option of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option to make sure that the data gets wiped off from your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned pre requisites, lets head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.