Moto X, one of the revolutionary smartphones from Google Inc. can now be experienced right on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Android smartphone in the form of custom ROM firmware. Right from Wallpapers to HD Voice Quality to the theme and overall features in the camera, you almost feel like as if you are using the Moto X Android smartphone. So, before heading to the detailed guide which will help you update the device, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below so as to make sure that the whole process of update goes through in a hassle free manner. Please note that this can only be applied on the Galaxy S3 I9300 variant.
Features of Moto X Custom ROM Firmware:
- Keyboard of Moto X,
- Stock Jellybean 4.3 Keyboard,
- Moto X Boot Animation,
- Moto X Ringtones,
- Moto X Stock Wallpapers,
- Auto Rotate Launcher from Jellybean 4.3,
- Moto X Elements,
- Dialer of Moto X,
- EXT4 Optimizations,
- Zero Shutter Mode,
- Init.d support,
- HD Voice Capability,
- Battery Tweaks,
- Stock jellybean 4.2.2 Moto X Apps,
- Screen Lag Tweaks,
- Pure X Performance Tweaks,
- Multi user Profiles Support,
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Not with the KIES, but create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only. Also, don’t make use of the ROM Manager to back up the data as it may brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to makes sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned instructions you can root the same;
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Once you have rooted the device, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you update the device.