Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of firmware dubbed as XXUGNH4 which comes with some minor changes along with the bug fixes. This firmware is LIVE in the European servers and also comes with the much needed increased battery consumption fixes. While Kitkat 4.4 Android OS is still pending for Galaxy S3, you can make use of the custom ROM firmwares which are already present with enhanced features and stability. This new update is available as an OTA, but can also be updated manually.
After checking out the quick list of pre requisites, we will be checking out on how you can apply this update.
Disclaimer: We should be held liable or responsible in any manner for damage happened to your device due to non-fulfilling of mentioned instructions in this article.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Backup all necessary data like SMS, Call Log, Internet Settings etc. using necessary apps and then transfer the same to your computer so that the same can be restored once the firmware is updated.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S5 mini with XXUGNH4 Jellybean 4.3:
- Download the XXUGNH4 Firmware zip package and then Odin in your computer. Once downloaded, unzip the same in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 mini so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S4 I9500 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Once your device enters in the Download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable Once connected, you will then see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow / blue depending upon the Odin.
- Click on “AP” / “PDA” to select the firmware tar file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated, device will be rebooted.
- It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for the device to get rebooted as it prepares the system for installing the apps. Once done, you will see the home screen and this is when you need to disconnect the device from computer.
- Head over to the path “Settings > More > About Phone” to check on whether the firmware is updated with the version detail as XXUGNH4.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest version of XXUGNH4 Jellybean 4.3 version of firmware. Let us know in your comments section just in case if you face any issues.