Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 Android smartphone can now be updated with the Galaxy Note 3 UI. While Samsung has already launched Galaxy Note III in IFA 2013 event at Berlin, many of the Galaxy S4 users might just want to experience the goodness of Galaxy Note 3. All thanks to the dark sense team who has worked hard to port this ROM of Galaxy Note 3 in Samsung Galaxy S4. So after checking out the detailed list of quick pre requisites, you can proceed on to check the detailed procedure which will help you update the device with the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you have backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Since this Note III is a customized version of ROM, you need to make sure that your Galaxy S4 is rooted before you follow the rest of the instructions. With the help of below instructions, you can root the device.
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging” to enable the USB Debugging in your device. Also, do check the battery charge in your device as it should be more than 50%.
Do check on whether the device is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 with Galaxy Note III UI Firmware:
- Download Galaxy Note 3 Firmware Zip from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable.
- Place the Galaxy Note 3 Zip file in your SD Card and turn off the same. Assuming that you have disconnected the device, you need to now enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S4 can be entered by pressing Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- Select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Data” options to select the option of “install zip from sd card” and choose Galaxy NOTE 3 Zip file which you have placed in the external sd card.
- It will take around 4-5 minutes for applying the update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will have to select “Go Back” and then choose to “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S4 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated with the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS in your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone.