Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest jellybean 4.2.2 OTA of XXUBMGC. The best part of this update is that it fixes some of the battery issues along with the bugs related to Camera and memory consumption. So, before we proceed to check out on what are the instructions with which you can apply with this update in the next page, you will need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have summed up below.
Note: Applying this update will in no manner be rooting the device as it’s an Official firmware update released by Samsung and is not a custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all your important data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as it may not detect the device after updating since it’s still being rolled out to all the countries.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned instructions on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 with Official Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS:
- Download the XXUBMGC Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware and Odin from here to your computer and extract both the files to your desktop.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in GALAXY S4 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” in odin to select the extracted Firmware tar file which will be there in the extracted folder to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Please note that you are not selecting any other option in the odin as it may even brick the phone. Make sure that “Auto Reboot” option is NOT checked in ODIN.
- Once the device is updated, the device will be rebooted automatically. It may take longer time than expected for booting the device. The whole process of firmware update might take anywhere between 10 -15 minutes depending upon various conditions.
Note: If at all your Samsung Galaxy S4 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device by re-inserting the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.