Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Android 5.0 which is Lollipop 5.0.1 OS and is dubbed as XXUHOA7. While this version has been pushed out to the users, you can till then apply this firmware update manually to make the most of it. The Lollipop update is now live for some of the countries and the same can be applied for all the International versions of devices which are on the Exynos processor. You can either update your device via OTA or via KIES if not then this manual update will always be there for your rescue. Please note that this version of firmware can only be applied to the Exynos version of Galaxy S4 and not to any other variants of the device.
Note: Applying this firmware update won’t root the device in any manner or void the warranty in any manner as this is the official version of firmware released by Samsung.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present in your device using below mentioned steps;
SMS – Download SMS Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Call Log – Download Call log Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Local Files – Transfer all the data like photos, downloads, music files, videos etc. to your computer.
- Battery level in your Galaxy S4 should be 50%+ or else device may get turned Off in the midst of firmware update,
- Make sure that all the required drivers are installed in your computer. Navigate to Settings> Developer Options> check the USB Debugging option.
Once you have followed all the instructions, proceed to the next step for updating the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 with Lollipop 5.0.1 XXUHOA7 Android OS:
- Download Odin and Android 5.0.1 Firmware update package (Alternate Link) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to extract the same to your computer.
- Up next, you now need to turn Off your Galaxy S4 so that it can be entered in the download mode. Galaxy S4 can be entered in the download mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device is entered in the download mode, you will see the green robot. Now, open “Odin” in your device and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see the ID: COM section turn Blue/ Yellow.
- Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin and also alternatively make sure that the Re-Partition checkbox is ticked.
- Now, click on the below mentioned options to select the firmware file from the extracted folder in the initial step.
Tap on the BL button and select BL_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
Tap on AP button and select AP_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
Tap on CP button and select CP_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
Tap on CSC button and select CSC_SER_I9500SERHOA7_ CL3943544_ QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Once selected, you now need to click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for updating the device with the latest OS.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the firmware update and once done, the device will reboot.
- Once you see the Country/ Language selector, you can then disconnect the device and check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone where the firmware version will be mentioned as Lollipop 5.0.1 Android OS.
Do let us know in the comments section if you come across any issues as we will be more than happy to help you.