Samsung finally starts rolling out the much needed Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware which can now be updated manually in the device. The best part of this update that it comes with tons of new features packed with improved performance. Over a period of last few days, lots of love was shown to Galaxy S5 I9505 variant, but all thanks to the Samsung for also coming out with an update. This update comes with the minor changes in UI and also comes with the Kitkat style status bar icons instead of multi-color icons. Samsung’s keyboard also has been changed and works good even in landscape mode. This new version of Kitkat 4.4.2 is dubbed as XXUFNB3. While this update is being pushed gradually to all the devices across the World, you can apply this update manually.
Android 4.4.2 changes include: wireless printing, new emojis support, choice between stock messaging app and Hangouts for SMS/MMS, option for changing default launchers under settings, and more are also a part of this update now. After following the list of quick pre requisites, lets head over to the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Note: This update is only available for Galaxy S4 I9500 Android phone and not for I9505 android phone. Also, applying this update won’t root the device in any manner or void the warranty.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Though, all your data might just be safe. It’s always recommended for you to back up the data so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 50% of battery life or else the device may get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S4 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device firmware with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy S4 I9500 Android Phone with KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNB3 Android Firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S4 I9500 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “AP” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android smartphone. We will very soon be coming up with the rooting process for your Galaxy S4 I9500 on XXUFNB3 firmware version of Kitkat 4.4.2.