Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 with XXUAMDC Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUAMDC Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files which you have downloaded in your computer. Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in GALAXY S4 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” in odin to select the rooting tar file which will be there in the extracted folder to click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. Once the device is updated, the device will be rebooted automatically. It may take longer time than expected for booting the device. The whole process of firmware update might take anywhere between 10 -15 minutes depending upon various conditions.
- Don’t disconnect the device from computer till you see the home screen in your phone or the Language selection options.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will be more than happy to assist you.