XXUEMJ3 is the new stable release for Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone which comes with the enhanced bug fixes along with many other functional as well as operational fixes. Though, we don’t have the exact list of things which are fixed in this build, you can go ahead and apply this update. This firmware is supposedly to be the most stable version of firmware. So, let’s check out on what are the detailed instructions with which you can apply the update. This firmware is the Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner as it’s the official firmware version released by Samsung. This is only applicable for I9505 variant of Galaxy S4.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s highly recommended for you to create a backup of data with the help of below mentioned manual steps and not with the help of KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will need to enable the same.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 is left with the minim of 50%+ battery life or it may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Now, assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps lets proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest Jellybean 4.3 Firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUEMJ3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, turn off your Galaxy S4 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S4 can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to re try the process.
- Once your S4 enters in the Download Mode, with the help of original USB cable connect the device to the computer while keeping odin opened in your computer.
- Now, once connected ID: COM section will turn Blue which will indicate that the device has been connected and all required drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the firmware .tar file which you will get upon extraction. Once selected, click on “Start” for starting the firmware update process. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4-5 minutes.
- Please note that in some cases it may take longer time than this. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will reboot and once you see the home screen, disconnect the device from computer.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Head over to the path in your Galaxy S4, “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.3. We will very soon come out with a tutorial which will help you root Galaxy S4 on XXUEMJ3 Jellybean 4.3 Firmware