Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 smartphone also can be updated with the Google PLAY Edition of Galaxy S4 which was released by Google few days back. Before proceeding to check on what are the instructions with which you can apply with this update, follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below. Since this firmware can’t be applied with the help of Odin, you will have to install the same with the help of ROM Manager as we only have the Zip file of the GOOGLE PLAY Edition. The build details of this firmware is JWR66N & UEUBMFP which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S4 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Since this is the firmware released by Google and not by Samsung Electronics, you will need to root the device with the help of below mentioned step;
To check on whether the device I rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you will have to re follow the instructions mentioned in the above step.
Let’s proceed to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 with Google PLAY Edition of Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download the Google PLAY Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device. Disconnect the device from computer once you have copied the file in your device.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S4 I9505 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” and choose the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device.
- Once selected, you need to wait for the same to get updated in your device. It may take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, select the option of “Go Back” & “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.